couch

couch

Friday 11 December 2015

books for teachers, best friends, husbands and in-laws

For teachers: At Sea and The Grand Duchess of Nowhere. Everything by Laurie Graham is both good and feel-good. I'm getting Mr Starlight for my mother in law too.

For best friends: Clothes Music Boys. According to reviews, this is a brilliant read and I LOVE the title. I met my besties last night and brought these along for them. We have all spent many an hour discussing clothes, music and boys over the past two plus decades, so it was the obvious choice.
These are for my husbands stocking. I wanted something exciting and something funny and it was a coincidence that they are both from the same series. Unfortunately, this edition of Three Men in a Boat has tiny text, too tiny for anyone over forty five, so I'm going to look around for a different copy. The Riddle of the Sands font is perfect though, and its pretty apt with the 1916 centenary coming up. I think he'll love them.

Oh, and I've ordered this and this for my father in law. Both reportedly very good reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment