couch

couch

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Feathers Not Just for Flying by Melissa Stewart, illustrated by Sarah S. Brannen

This is one of a few books which were earmarked for our holiday bags, but had to be taken out before my brain started melting. No offence to my scintillating little boys, but there's only so much Plants Versus Zombies and Pokeman chat I can take.

Feathers Not Just For Flying is a lovely book. Which has absolutely nothing to do with any current gaming characters, or any Summer movies. Thankfully. Its just a lovely book about birds that is beautifully illustrated, easy to read and just, very interesting.

(The birds mentioned are all natives of North America, but that didn't bother me. The examples used weren't too exotic, and many of their counterparts are in my garden.)

Feathers can shade out sun like an umbrella,


or attract attention like fancy jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment