couch

couch

Monday 20 July 2015

Brilliant audiobook - Mr Gum and the Goblins, written and read by Andy Stanton

Most evenings these days, find me watching Episodes, accompanied by my husband and a glass of cold, white wine. However, my nine and twelve year old have decided they like "comedy" and if they hear the theme music to Modern Family, Arrested Development, Veep or Episodes, I hear footsteps on the stairs. Anyone who has watched this very funny series, will also know that as it progresses, there are quite a few scenes that are not great for kids. So, I needed something to keep theose nosy little beggars upstairs. Also, dare I say it, its the Summer holidays and after spending days spirographing, baking cakes, making treaty lunches and generally spending every waking hour with my kids, I want them to stay out of sight in the evenings. Not mooching around on the couch beside me, almost knocking over my wine and saying "Whats a cock?"
So, on my last trip to the library, I saw this audio book. Mr Gum and the Goblins. I knew they had heard it before and liked it and well, it worked. We watched two whole episodes of Episodes undisturbed. Even my four year old loved it. We're burning it onto the computer and then onto a phone for our holidays too - its that good. Highly recommended.
There it is on the cd player. Remember those? I know they're old fashioned but really, they are very handy..

No comments:

Post a Comment