couch

couch

Sunday 5 July 2015

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Oh, I am enjoying this book so much. Its set in the States, in the nineties and large chunks are taken up with hilarious emails between two girlfriends in their twenties discussing "cute guys." I lived in Boston in the nineties from the ages of 23 to 26, and spend hours of my life discussing cute guys with my girlfriends. Not by email, as not one of us had a computer. (I had an electric typewriter, believe it or not, with its own plastic travel case.) Nah, we spoke on the phone or over a few Miller Genuines or, over cups of tea made from teabags someone had brought over from Ireland.

I have a feeling the couple in Attachments will fare considerably better romantically than I did in Beantown. Although its the friendship between the women that is really the most enjoyable part of this book.

I'd recommend it to anyone who has been single in their twenties.

1 comment: