couch

couch

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Vintage Ladybird - The Elves and the Shoemaker

Look familiar? I LOVED this one. I had Rumpelstiltskin too but he freaked me out a bit, being so mean. But I never tired of those little elves.

I've been searching for this edition of The Elves and the Shoemaker for years. It seemed so puzzling, that vintage style and actual vintage kids books were so, so popular, and yet Ladybird didn't reissue this series. They had it on postcards and there were images available online to see, but the book was impossible (for me) to find. Well, 2015 is Ladybirds 150th birthday and finally, here it is. Other "Well Loved Tales" available are RumpelstiltskinRapunzel, and Cinderella. Anyone who was read to in the seventies will know and I'm sure, love them. These editions are like those from the sixties - they're hardcover, with a coloured jacket. Underneath, they're like this..

And inside, they are exactly like you remember..




No comments:

Post a Comment