couch

couch

Thursday 27 February 2014

Two Little Gardeners by Margaret Wise Brown and Edith Thacher Hurd, illustrated by Gertrude Elliot

 This came in the post today and appropriately, the sun was shining. At only €3.02, it is too cheap. Beautifully written and illustrated by three masters of the craft, its a perfect spring read for ages two and up.

Two Little Gardeners covers all four seasons in the plot of a little boy and little girl.  There is loads of accurate detail in each picture whether of wildlife, weeds or the fruit and vegetables planted. I can't wait to read it again as I know we will see a lot more. 
 Its Spring and time to get to work. Love the accuracy of the tools, as does my three year old.

 After not too long, things start happening, especially under the ground.

 Relaxing and enjoying the fruits of all the hard labour.

 I think this is my favourite page. The weeds.

 Written in the 1951, there is no waste. Wouldn't it be lovely to have a larder like this?

And the mucky results of a morning in the garden. I'd love to say it wasn't walked into the kitchen, but it was. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment